Travelling to Bali on a budget is probably one of the easiest things to do because you will really not be compromising on too many things. Bali is a generally cheap place to visit given you can find cheap flights, hotels and a bunch of free or very cheap activities to do. You can do so many fun things by not burning a hole in your pocket while you’re here.
Image Source: Google Images
Here’s a list of fun things to in Bali while you’re on a budget:
1. Beach Hopping in Bali
Beach hopping in Bali is probably the most economical way to hit all the right spots while soaking in that vacation spirit. You can hire a motorcycle or rent a car for up to 10 hours a day and go about the coastline and stopping by the most beautiful beaches that keep popping up on your Instagram feed. Hiring a vehicle will help you in significantly saving money and you can also spend as much time as you like at each one of these beaches.
Here’s a list of beaches you should check out on your trip to Bali:
1. Kuta Beach– It is a great place to get yourself a couple of sundowners and chill by the beach at dusk. Given this is a popular tourist destination, it is usually crowded but it has some of the best bars and cafes so you should definitely check it out.
2. Seminyak Beach– This is a bit fancier and you will find some really cool cafes and people sunbathing under colourful umbrellas.
Image Source: Google Images
3. Canguu Beach– If you feel a little adventurous and want to try your hand at surfing, this is where you need to be. This is a perfect place to get your energy levels pumping or you could just choose to watch people surf while sipping your favourite cocktail. Either way, you’re going to have a great time.
If you want to indulge in watersports, you could very well do that. These are pretty inexpensive and you can get combo tickets for 3-5 sports at a great price if you pre-book so do check out that option if you feel like you need an adrenaline rush.
2. Visit Iconic Temples and Museums
There’s definitely a reason why Bali is called the ‘Island of Gods’. Bali is home to some of the most beautiful temples in all of southeast Asia. They are set against the prettiest backdrops which makes them all the more enticing. Visiting these great temples and museums is a fun way to learn about the heritage and culture of Bali while not spending too much money.
Here’s a list of the top temples and museums you could visit:
1. Goa Gajah or The Elephant Cave Temple– This is one of the most popular temples in Bali and it dates back to the 11th century. It lies along the coastline so it’s set against a beautiful backdrop and the architecture is absolutely stunning. It has a huge courtyard a small pool and a cave and the whole place is as zen as you’d expect it to be. The entry fee is approximately 15000 IDR
2. Pura Tirta Empul Temple– People come here to take bath in the sacred water and be blessed. This is a very rejuvenating experience. The entry fee is close to 15000 IDR
Image by Deborah Bates from Pixabay
3. Ubud Palace- This was the official residence of the royal family of Bali. It is a great way to learn about the culture of Bali and the lives of people. The entry is free here.
You could also check out museums that generally charge a nominal entry fee if you’re interested in learning about the art and culture of Bali.
3. Explore the Countryside
One of the most interesting things to do in Bali is to hike along the rice terraces. You get the best views while you are on the trail and the Tegalagang Rice Trail is absolutely free and you can get some postcard-worthy pictures as well. Just walking along the rice fields and enjoying the beauty of nature is an integral part of an authentic Bali experience.
Image by audreycharlet from Pixabay
There are so many more activities you can do on a budget like opt for cooking or Yoga classes. These are surprisingly cheap and you can prebook these online or check with your hotel to get a better price.
As you can tell, you don’t really have to save up for years to visit Bali. It’s a simple yet fascinating place which quenches all your vacation needs for a very cheap price. You’ve just to find the right things to book and that’s it. Make sure to check out travel companies like Pickyourtrail that have some great deals on Bali Trip Packages. You can also make your own itinerary on their website. They also take care of all your bookings so you’re sorted. Don’t forget to pack some sunscreen and happy travel!